This old school appetizer is making a comeback in a big way and popping up on menus all over. Make yourself for a lightened up protein-packed version.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 6 hardboiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- ½ cup plain 0% Fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp ground mustard (powder)
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- Halve peeled, hardboiled eggs vertically.
- Scoop out the yolks and set egg whites aside. Place yolks of 4 eggs in bowl, discard remaining two yolks.
- Mix remaining ingredients except paprika in bowl with the yolks. Add additional Greek yogurt to make the filling creamier or, for a thicker filling, use only ¼ cup yogurt.
- Add additional salt and pepper, to taste and mix filling until smooth. Scoop 1 Tbsp of egg yolk mixture into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika as garnish.