By roasting asparagus, instead of steaming it, you’ll never again have mushy” spears. Slightly charring the asparagus gives it a nice flavorful crispness.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 1 lb asparagus (about 25 spears)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking dish or tray with tin foil.
- Trim off tough ends of asparagus spears.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the asparagus with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Mix until the asparagus is evenly coated.
- Place the asparagus in the shallow baking dish or tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook until tender (about 12–18 minutes)
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 0 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING: 53 calories, 4 g Carbohydrate, 2 g Fiber, 2 g Protein, 4 g total fat, 1 g sat. fat, 444 mg sodium
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.