No one can resist these cookies. Better still, no one would ever guess they are low in fat and calories!
INGREDIENTS (makes 50 cookies):
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder for baking (unsweetened)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, egg, and sugar with a mixer until thick. Add almonds, cherries and extract. Mix for 10 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and combine until mixture is moistened. The dough will be very sticky.
- Flour a board and turn dough out onto it. Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half into a 13” x 2” log. Place on a nonstick cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until dough is golden and cracked on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Cut each log on the bias in ¼ inch slices (use a serrated knife for easier slicing). Bake again at 325 for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Let cool completely (they get harder once they are cooled off completely) and serve.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING (makes 50 cookies, 1 cookie per serving): 11g carbohydrate, 1g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING: 62 calories, 11g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g protein, 2g total fat, 0g sat. fat, 26mg sodium
To prepare delicious F-Factor recipes at home, and for healthy lifestyle tips and eating plans, check out our books: The Miracle Carb Diet and The F-Factor Diet!
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.