This Valentine’s treat combines sweet and salty flavors with the satisfying crunchiness of roasted almonds.
INGREDIENTS (serves 16):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups unblanched almonds
- 2-3 packets Splenda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven at 300° F. Coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy; beat in vanilla.
- Combine the Splenda, salt and cinnamon. Add to the nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread the almonds evenly on the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until almonds are crisp, stirring once.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 7g carbohydrate, 4g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 16): 208 calories, 7 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein, 18 g total fat, 1 g sat., fat, 159 mg sodium
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.