Unlike many other fruits, apples are available all year round making this an anytime dessert. And because apples are among the fruits with the most fiber (around 5 grams per apple), they really fill you up!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4):
- 4 medium cooking apples, such as Rome Beauty or Granny Smith
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core apples; peel a strip from the top of each one. Place apples in an oven proof dish.
- Combine the cranberries, Splenda, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into the center of each apple.
- Pour apple juice into the bottom of the dish. Bake apples for 40 minutes or until the apples are tender, basting occasionally.
- Serve warm.
The F-Factor Diet Nutritional Content for Journaling:
Per Serving: 27g Carbohydrate, 7g fiber
Actual Nutritional Content:
Per Serving: 136 Calories, 32g Carbohydrate, 7g Fiber, 1g Protein, 1g Total Fat, 0g Sat. Fat, 10mg Sodium