Perfect for Memorial Day (or any day) grilling! This steak is succulent and tender, and the garlic chili spice rub gives it just the right amount of heat.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Whisk garlic, vinegar, oil, ground chili, oregano, cumin and salt in a small bowl. Place steak in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over it, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, turning once, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high heat or broil in the oven. Grill the steak until desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium (or if broiling in the oven, cook for about 8 minutes per side).
- Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak very thinly across the grain. Serve warm or chilled.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 0 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 4, 4 ounce servings): 237 calories, 0 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein, 17 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 192 mg sodium
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.