Minestrone is a great way to start a meal, or to eat as a meal on its own! The beans are packed with belly filling fiber, and the rich tomato broth will keep you coming back for more. This soup fills you up, not out!
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen carrots, thawed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can cannellini beans
- Spray a large pot with nonstick cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the carrots, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, beans, chopped tomatoes, seasonings, and broth.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 1 hour. Right before serving, add the spinach and stir.
- Serve and top with about a tablespoon of grated Parmesan Cheese.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 15 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 6): 221 calories, 33 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 17 g protein, 5 g total fat, 2 g sat. Fat, 766 mg sodium
To prepare delicious F-Factor recipes at home, and for healthy lifestyle tips and eating plans, check out our books: The Miracle Carb Diet and The F-Factor Diet!
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.