From pasta to grilled chicken,this super-simple tomato sauce recipe is low in calories and rich in both flavor and antioxidants … so go ahead—sauce it up!
Ingredients (serves 4):[twocol_one]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 plum tomatoes chopped[/twocol_one]
- 8 basil leaves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground pepper[/twocol_one_last]
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic.
- Sauté the onion and garlic, stirring until onions are soft and translucent, about two minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, basil and salt and pepper to the skillet and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 0g carbohydrate, 4g fiber (The Miracle Carb Diet)
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING: 74 calories, 11 g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 2g protein, 3g total fat, .3g sat. fat, 321 mg sodium
To prepare delicious F-Factor recipes at home, and for healthy lifestyle tips and eating plans, check out our books: The Miracle Carb Diet and The F-Factor Diet!
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.