This is not your basic burger. Seared tuna steak makes up the base, and the spicy hot wasabi sauce adds a kick that’s sure to wake your taste buds.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons finely chopped green onions
1 teaspoon sugar
4 thin Tuna steaks
8 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
4 Tablespoons Hellman’s lite mayo
1 teaspoon water
½ Tablespoon wasabi powder (or 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi)
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, green onions and sugar, mix well
- Place tuna in baking dish and pour the marinade over it. Marinate at least 15 minutes.
- While the tuna is marinating, prepare the wasabi mayo. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients and whisk together.
- Spray a cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat until hot.
- Coat tuna fillets on all sides with sesame seeds. Cook tuna for 1 to 3 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- Serve each tuna burger with a tablespoon of wasabi mayo. Enjoy as either an entrée with a side of vegetables or with a salad.
The Miracle Carb Diet Nutritional Content for Journaling
Per Serving: 1 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber
Actual Nutritional Content
Per serving: 422 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 47 g protein, 20 g Total Fat, 3 g saturated fat, 2,795 mg sodium
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.