Hot n’ sticky and a little sweet—AKA naughty and nice, just like we like them. Disclaimer: you’re going to need napkins for these poppers!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders (~8 tenders)
- 3/4 cup wheat bran (or 6 GG bran crispbreads, pulverized into crumbs)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Sukrin Fiber Syrup Gold
- 1/3 cup of Frank’s hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil or a silicon baking mat and, set aside.
- Rinse boneless tenders and pat dry with paper towel. Cut tenders into thirds. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine wheat bran/ pulverized GGs, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In another shallow dish, whisk egg whites. Add the chicken “poppers” and turn to coat.
- One by one, transfer each popper to the cracker mixture and turn to coat evenly, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake poppers for ~10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the syrup and hot sauce in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Remove chicken from oven. Drizzle half the sauce over the chicken and bake for another 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove chicken, flip poppers and pour remaining sauce atop, to coat poppers evenly.
- Place back in oven and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Serve hot.