Get WHISKed away to Cloud Nine with this recipe! Light n’ fluffy, F-Factor Cloud Eggs are both gorgeous and delicious—a gift from the heavens (otherwise known as your friends at F-Factor ;))
INGREDIENTS (serves 2):
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Assorted garnishes: caviar and chives (shown here), roasted red peppers, charred onions, grilled zucchini, or sautéed cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat, spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate eggs, placing the whites in 1 larger bowl, and yolks in 4 small bowls, 1 yolk per bowl.
- Add a pinch of kosher salt to the egg whites and whip. Whip for 5 minutes, or until stiff peaks are formed.
- Spoon large dollops of egg whites onto prepared baking sheet to form 4 “clouds”. Using spoon, shape clouds and indent the center of each to create small “nests” for the yolk to sit in with the back of a spoon.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and gently pour each yolk into its nest and bake again until the yolk just starts to set, but it still runny, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and garnish to your liking.