Shrimp is incredibly low in calories- only 35 in an ounce! Another bonus: Shrimp are absolutely delicious grilled – and they cook incredibly fast, so you can go from grill to to plate in minutes.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove shells but keep tails on the end for presentation.
- Stir remaining ingredients together in a bowl and add shrimp. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Grill on a grill pan for about 2-3 minutes per side. The shrimp are done when they turn a bright pink.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 0g carbohydrate, 0g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING: 216 calories, 23g protein, 23g Carb, 0g Fiber, 12g fat