INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- 3 (9-oz) boxes Natural Heaven Hearts of Palm Lasagna or 2 (14-oz) cans Palmini Hearts of Palm Lasagna Sheets
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or milk substitute)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Grass-Fed 90% Lean Ground Beef
- Prepare hearts of palm lasagna sheets by placing in a bowl with milk and allowing to soak for 1 hour. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over high heat. Add diced onion and garlic and allow to cook for five minutes. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until beef is browned. Once browned, add the tomato sauce and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare ricotta mixture by combining ricotta cheese, oregano and basil in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Rinse soaked hearts of palm lasagna sheets and begin to assemble lasagna. In a 14×9 glass dish, layer meat sauce mixture, followed by hearts of palm lasagna sheets, and a layer of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with half mozzarella and half of the Parmesan cheese and repeat, meat sauce, hearts of palm lasagna sheets, ricotta and remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Place assembled lasagna in preheated oven, uncovered, and bake for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown (to obtain a crispy top change oven to broil for 4 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before serving.
- To reheat, place in oven for 15 minutes at 350°F and serve.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING Serves 12. This is a Step 1 Approved Recipe.