Sure a whole roasted chicken looks nice, but fun fact, butchering before roasting helps ensure the meat absorbs the marinade so it’s even more flavorful and delicious. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (serves 8):
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 fresh lemons
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- If chicken is not already butchered, cut into 8 pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the juice of 2 lemons, olive oil, basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic. Slice remaining lemon and add to bowl with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and spoon marinade over chicken so chicken is evenly coated. Cover and place in refrigerator for a minimum 30 minutes, up to 1 night.
- When ready to roast, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour marinated chicken and lemon slices into a baking dish and place in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked in the center. For more color, place under the broiler on high for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh parsley and serve as desired.