Add a pop of color to your holiday table this year with this delicious and nutritious Fall salad filled with Vitamin C, healthy fats, and lots of flavor! Added bonus: new research out of University of New Mexico shows walnuts can boost your mood by 28%! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy holiday season!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts[/twocol_one]
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Splenda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp milk, if needed [/twocol_one_last]
- Prepare the dressing: In a small mixing bowl whisk together vinegar, splenda and salt until sugar and salt have dissolved. Add Greek yogurt, honey and poppy seeds and whisk until combined. Mix in milk to thin if desired. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare salad: In a salad bowl layer spinach, mandarin oranges, pomegranate seeds, avocado, almonds and walnuts. Pour desired amount of dressing over top (or alternately just dress each serving). Serve immediately.
[box]Nutritional content per serving (serves 4): 240 calories, 7g protein, 24g carb, 6g fiber (18 g net carb), 16g sugar, 15g fat[/box]