Perfect for brunch, this mini egg dish makes it look like you slaved away in the kitchen for hours when actually it’s a cinch to whip up. Feel free to use any of your favorite non-starchy vegetables in this recipe.
INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (4 ounce) cartons frozen egg substitute, defrosted
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
12-cup muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg substitute, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture and bake until they puff up and just begin to set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide them onto a platter.
- Wrap individually and keep in fridge. To reheat, microwave for 1 minute.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 1 g carbohydrates, .5 g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 12): 62 calories, 2 g carbohydrates, .5 g fiber, 6 g protein, 3 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 111 mg sodium
To prepare delicious F-Factor recipes at home, and for healthy lifestyle tips and eating plans, check out our books: The Miracle Carb Diet and The F-Factor Diet!
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.