INGREDIENTS (serves 12, 2 Tbsp per serving):
- ¼ cup lemon juice (juice of a large lemon)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the lemon juice and tahini and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps “whip” or “cream” the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Add half of the chickpeas and half of cauliflower to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and cauliflower and process until thick and quite smooth; add cold water until desired consistency.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.