INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 2 pounds whole Brussels sprouts ends trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tsp.Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add trimmed halved Brussels sprouts to the pot of boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the sprouts and immerse them in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Let them sit in the ice bath until they are cool to the touch.
- Remove the sprouts from the ice bath and dry them thoroughly.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place Brussels sprouts, cut side-up, at least 1-inch apart.
- Using a flat-bottomed glass, push down each Brussels sprout until it is flattened to ~½ inch tall.
- In a small bowl whisk together the grated parmesan cheese, F-Factor Unflavored Fiber/Protein Powder, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of the parmesan mixture over each sprout.
- Cook at 425 F for 10 minutes and flip them. Cook on the other side for 5 more minutes
- Set the oven to Broil, and broil the sprouts for 2 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are crispy and the cheese is lightly browned.
- Just before serving, sprinkle Brussels sprouts with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING Serves 6. This is a Step 1 recipe.