These scallops are pan seared, so they are crisp on the outside but stay juicy and tender on the inside. I like to serve this dish with a side of sautéed spinach and homemade tomato sauce! Scallops cook quickly, so keep your eye on them when preparing this dish.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 ½ pounds sea scallops
Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce (recipe below)
1 bag fresh spinach
Prepare the Scallops
- In a sauté pan, spray with cooking spray and heat. Add scallops and sear on both sides about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove scallops from pan and keep warm until finished making sauce.
- After removing the scallops, add spinach and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place in a bowl to serve later.
- Add scallops back to the pan with the Quick and East Tomato Sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, until the scallops are heated and cooked through. Serve with cooked spinach.
Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce Ingredients
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
12 plum tomatoes, chopped
8 basil leaves, sliced
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Prepare the Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic.
- Sauté’ the onion and garlic, stirring until onions are soft and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper to the skillet, and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes.
Miracle Carb Diet Nutritional Content for Journaling
Per serving: 0 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber
Actual Nutritional Content
Per serving: 74 calories, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein, 3 g total fat, .3 g sat. fat, 321 mg sodium
Subscribe FREE to the F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews. Follow us on Instagram,Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.