Tempeh is a fermented soy source that has numerous health benefits over conventional soy like tofu. While eating tofu may lead to digestive and immune dysfunction, consuming tempeh can actually provide crucial bacteria for the gut and promote overall general health. TEMP(eh)-ting, aint it?! #FFACTORAPPROVED
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 1 (8-oz) package Lightlife Organic original tempeh
- 3 medium bells peppers (red, green, and/ or yellow)
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- Cut tempeh into ¼ inch pieces. Wash and cut peppers and eggplant into 1/2 inch slices and add to bowl with tempeh.
- Mix soy sauce and sesame oil in small bowl. Place a nonstick pan over medium heat and coat pan with soy sauce/ sesame oil mixture.
- Add tempeh, peppers and eggplant to the pan and sauté until tempeh is browned and vegetables are crisp.
- While tempeh and vegetables are sautéing, plate shredded cabbage.
- Pour tempeh and vegetables over the plated cabbage and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve and store as desired.