Dairy-free, sugar-free, GUILT-FREE! These lemon meringues are a delightful sweet treat no matter the occasion.
INGREDIENTS (yields 20 cookies):
- Egg whites of 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl using a hand mixer at medium speed until the eggs get frothy.
- Add the lemon juice slowly and increase speed to high, continue beating until peaks form.
- Slowly add the stevia, 1 Tbsp at a time, while you continue mixing the egg whites.
- Gently add in the lemon zest.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag and pipe little clouds onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for an hour. After an hour, turn oven off and leave baking sheet in for meringues to dry and stiffen for another 15 minutes.