Recall the “cabbage soup diet?” You could eat all the cabbage soup you wanted and you lost weight. The reason? Cabbage soup is low in calories. Another bonus? Cabbage is loaded with cancer fighting antioxidants. So fill up on this #FFACTORAPPROVED soup.
INGREDIENTS (serves 8):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 lb (about ½ head) Napa cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups beef stock
- Place a pot over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, and ½ cup of the beef stock, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, and the remaining 3 ½ cups of beef stock, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, dill, thyme, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 0 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING: 177 calories, 18 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein, 7 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 1,011 mg sodium
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.