Inspired by Anassa Taverna’s Romaine salad, this F-Factor favorite recipe is crisp, fresh and sure to please!
Ingredients (Serves 6):
[twocol_one]For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Champagne vinegar (can use white wine vinegar, too)
- 1 1/2 tsp Truvia (or sugar)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper[/twocol_one]
[twocol_one_last]For the salad:
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 cup radishes
- 1 bunch green scallion
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper (good pinch of each)
- 1/2 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese (optional)[/twocol_one_last]
- Prepare dressing:
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, Truvia and garlic. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow garlic to mellow.
- Whisk in yogurt.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use (up to 3 days).
- Make the salad:
- Slice the romaine leaves crosswise, 1/4 inch thick and transfer to a large bowl.
- Slice the cucumbers into 1/4 inch thick sliced and add to the bowl.
- Slice the radishes into thick slices and add to the bowl.
- Slice the scallions, add both white and green parts to the bowl.
- Squeeze out excess water with hands and add to the lettuce.
- Toss the salad with dressing to coat generously (will use only about 1/2 the prepared dressing).
- Season with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle feta atop before serving.
[box]Nutritional content of salad – using half prepared dressing – per serving (serves 6): 75 calories, 4g protein, 7g carb, 3g fiber, 3g sugar, 4g fat[/box]
[box]Nutritional content of salad – using entire prepared dressing – per serving (serves 6): 103 calories, 4g protein, 8g carb, 3g fiber, 4g sugar, 6g fat[/box]
[box]Nutritional content of dressing per serving (serves 12): 29 calories, 1g protein, 1g carb, 0g fiber, .5g sugar, 2g fat[/box]