This mini egg dish makes it look like you slaved away in the kitchen for hours, but it’s actually oh-so-easy to whip up. Feel free to use any of your favorite non-starchy vegetables in this recipe. Put on high fiber crackers in AM with a slice of tomato for fiber-protein breakfast sure to keep you feeling full til lunch!
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup (8 ounces) liquid egg whites
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Defrost frozen spinach, squeeze dry.
- Whisk together the egg substitute, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in the spinach and feta.
- Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture and bake until they puff up and just begin to set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups.
- Enjoy fresh from the oven, or wrap individually and store in fridge for up to 3 days.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING Serves 6, 2 minis