The ✨magic✨ in these mushrooms comes from the fact that they’re full of flavor and taste, yet the over-the-top calories and fat of a typical stuffed mushroom recipe isn’t here–they’ve ‘magically’ disappeared! You can eat these bad boys and that number you see when you get on the scale will not be seriously impacted–talk about magic! #FFACTORAPPROVED
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 6 large Portobella mushroom caps
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- 1 cup coarse wheat bran (or 6 GG bran crispbreads, pulverized into a flour-like consistency)
- 1 tsp “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter”
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of truffle salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp Herb de Provence
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems, save for later use. Place mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Chop mushroom stems.
- While mushroom caps bake, coat a nonstick pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add mushroom stems, garlic and onion to the pan and place over medium heat to sauté. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until vegetables are well combined and spinach is wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer vegetable mixture to a mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing to create a well combined stuffing.
- Remove mushroom caps from oven. Using a spoon, fill each mushroom cap with prepared stuffing, pressing mixture down firmly. If desired, top with additional parmesan cheese.
- Place baking pan in oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden.