Munch as you’d like with this one! PSA: it pairs beautifully with actual tequila too 😉 Not into popcorn? The seasoning mix is also delicious on crudités, which are a FREE FOOD!
Ingredients (Serves 8):
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp tequila
- 2 tsp Truvia (or other non-nutritive sweetener)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat (alternatively you could use a nonstick cooking spray to coat the pot).
- Once heated, add kernels to the pot and cover. Give pot a shake to spread kernels in an even layer and allow kernels to begin to pop.
- While kernels pop, in a small bowl whisk together the remaining Tbsp olive oil, lime-juice, tequila, Truvia, cayenne pepper, cumin powder, salt and pepper.
- Once the pot is full and popping sound has slowed to 1-2 seconds between each pop, and remove pot from heat. Uncover and pour tequila-lime mixture atop, stirring to coat evenly. Once popcorn is well coated, transfer to the prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly in one layer.
- Bake popcorn in oven for 5 minutes, or until dry, and serve.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 17g carbohydrate, 2g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 8, ~2 cups per serving): 82 calories, 2g protein, 17g carb, 2g fiber, 15g net carb