Taco time! Serve these lightened versions of the classic with lettuce wraps, atop a salad, or with traditional taco shells—the choice is yours! We DO, however, almost insist that you serve them with margaritas. This spicy, multi-spiced taco meat can add a dose of zesty, flavor-filled protein to anything!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb grass fed lean ground beef
- 2 ( 8-oz) cans tomato sauce
- In a small bowl, mix minced onion, salt, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, dried minced garlic, and oregano. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add ground beef to skillet to cook, stirring often and breaking the meat into small pieces, while it cooks. Continue until the meat is cooked through and completely browned, 6-10 minutes.
- Pour seasoning mixture and tomato sauce over the beef, stir consistently until the ground meat is covered with mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve as desired.