As demonstrated in Laurie Lloyd’s takeover of the F-Factor Instagram, here is her Turkey Taco Bowl recipe. Learn more about Laurie and get more of her recipes by following her on Instagram, @Livlight_, and on her site, Livlight.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- ½ lb organic ground turkey
- taco seasoning (no salt added), to taste
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen riced cauliflower, defrosted
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 4 cups chopped kale or spinach, packed tightly
- ½ cup black beans, unsalted
- 4 cups chopped veggies (red cabbage, bell peppers, tomatoes, and radishes)
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp spicy pumpkin seeds
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and spray with 100% oil spray (avocado or olive oil), or nonstick cooking spray. Add turkey and brown until cooked through. Add taco seasoning and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove turkey and set aside.
- Rinse skillet, and place back on medium-high heat. Spray skillet again and add riced cauliflower. Cook until slightly browned and add the juice of ½ a lime and cilantro. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To build bowls: add a quarter of the kale to each bowl and top each with a quarter of the veggies, turkey, cauliflower, beans, and avocado. Sprinkle with thinly sliced jalapeno, extra cilantro, and pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle with other half of lime and serve.