Also known as cantuccini, these not-too-sweet Italian biscotti cookies make a perfect Step 1 dessert. Bonus, they’re gluten-free too!
INGREDIENTS (serves 16):
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs, vanilla extract, stevia and almond extract until frothy. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine the almond flour, 20/20 powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until dough forms. Stir in almonds to distribute evenly through the dough.
- Place dough on the lined cookie sheet and form into a long rectangle/ log shape.
- Place in preheated oven to bake for about 30 minutes or until top has browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, and lower oven temperature to 275.
- Once cooled, slice into 16 1/2-in thin pieces on a slight diagonal. Lay each piece on the side in baking pan and bake slices for an additional 8 minutes. After 8 minutes turn biscottis and bake for 8 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.