Swapping out a portion of the chickpeas for cauliflower cuts the carb count in this vegan recipe.
INGREDIENTS (serves 12, 2 Tbsp per serving):
- ¼ cup lemon juice (juice of a large lemon)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) 20/20 Plant-Based FIBER/PROTEIN Powder
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the lemon juice and tahini and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps “whip” or “cream” the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Add the plant-based 20/20, half of the chickpeas, half of cauliflower and half the cold water (2 Tbsp) to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas, cauliflower and water and process until thick and quite smooth; add cold water until desired consistency.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.