Grab your veggettis and let’s get spiralizing! This Passover we’re passing over noodle kugel – it’s all about the ZOODLE kugel.
INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- 5 medium zucchini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spiralize the zucchini using a spiralizer or veggetti.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute zucchini in batches for 3-4 minutes each, until soft and slightly translucent. Add a pinch of salt and pepper with each batch.
- Place the cooked zucchini in a colander and drain excess liquid. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and place in the oven to heat up for 5-10 minutes, while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs with the basil, salt, pepper and matzo meal. Add zucchini and stir gently until completely mixed.
- After oil has heated, add the zucchini mixture to pan. Smooth out the top using a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until edges are crispy and the kugel is set in the middle. You may need to drain off excess oil and liquid and place back into the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.