An exponentially lighter take on this notoriously heavy sauce. Pair with your favorite pasta or pasta substitute!
INGREDIENTS (serves 6, yield 1 1/2 cups total):
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Greek cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (3 scoops) Unflavored 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- Place a deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic and cook garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add almond milk and cream cheese and stir, slowly until the cream cheese has dissolved.
- Stir in 20/20 unflavored powder and parmesan cheese. Continue stirring until well combined and sauce thickens, ~5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg, to taste. Remove from heat and serve with pasta or pasta substitute as desired.