Carrot cake is one of our all-time favorite desserts. It’s sweet but not too sweet, and the velvety cream cheese frosting is oh-so decadent. By switching out a few ingredients, our recipe lets you kick back and enjoy the most scrumptious carrot cake ever, guilt-free.
INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- 7 egg whites
- 1 whole eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 scoops) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1/8 cup Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar Alternative
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups freshly shredded carrots
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 oz Greek cream cheese
- 1 scoop Vanilla F-Factor 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 11 x 7 inch baking dish or a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg whites, whole eggs, coconut oil and Greek yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Batter will be a thinner consistency.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven to bake. After 10 minutes, lower temperature to 350°F (the initial high temperature activates the baking powder and gives the cake a fluffy consistency). Bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes to cool before removing from pan and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cake bakes/ cools prepare frosting by adding the vanilla extract to the Greek cream cheese and mixing thoroughly. Slowly stir in the Fiber/Protein powder in increments until fully incorporated into the icing. Set aside until cake has cooled and frost as desired.
- Cut into 12 square pieces and serve.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING Serves 12. This is a Step 2 recipe.
Shop 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powders