For less sweet, drier muffins, skip the banana. Nutrition and journaling info listed both ways below.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 banana, mashed (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 scoops) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup fine wheat bran
- 1/2 cup (2 scoops) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a standard sized 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray (recipe yields 12 large muffins).
- Mix all muffin ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk mixture until a well combined, lump-free batter is formed. Set aside.
- Prepare crumb topping by mixing ingredients together in a bowl with a fork.
- Pour batter in prepared muffin tin cups, filling almost to top of each cup. Sprinkle topping over each muffin cup, dividing equally between muffins.
- Once oven is preheated, place muffin tin in oven to bake for 25 minutes, or until muffin tops and topping are golden brown.