Not too sweet, these fiber-packed biscotti cookies are a real treat.
INGREDIENTS (serves 16):
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs, vanilla extract, stevia and almond extract until frothy. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine the almond flour, 20/20 powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until dough forms. Stir in pistachios and dried cranberries to distribute evenly through the dough.
- Place dough on the lined cookie sheet and form into a long rectangle/ log shape.
- Place in preheated oven to bake for about 20 minutes or until top has browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, while oven stays on.
- Once cooled, slice into 16 1/2-in thin pieces on a slight diagonal. Lay each piece on the side in baking pan and bake slices for an additional 15-20 minutes until toasted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING Serves 16 – This is a Step 1 Approved Recipe.