INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups all-natural low-sodium vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 2 cups water
- Coat a large Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat to heat. Add chopped onions to cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown (about 8 minutes).
- Add the celery and garlic, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes add broth and water. Cover and increase heat to high to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add asparagus and riced cauliflower. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and allow to simmer until spears are are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Once asparagus and cauliflower are tender, remove the Dutch oven from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup carefully until smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender, puree small batches in a blender, then return to pot.
- Add 20/20powder and blend again until smooth. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into bowls to serve. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and cheddar cheese.