If you grew up with a Jewish mother, you’ve likely had matzo brei before. We took that quintessential Passover recipe and made it fiber-packed. Like traditional matzo brei, it can be made either sweet or savory. To make it sweet, use Vanilla 20/20 Powder, and top if off with sugar, syrup or jelly. Like it savory? Use Unflavored 20/20 Powder and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
INGREDIENTS (serves 1):
- 1 sheet whole wheat matzo
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Soak matzo in warm water for 30 seconds. Remove from water and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg and egg whites. Add almond milk and 20/20 powder and whisk until well-combined.
- Break pre-soaked matzo up into pieces and add to egg mixture. Add pinch of salt and toss well to combine.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour mixture into pan and cook for ~2-3 minutes, flipping and stirring continuously.
- Season with additional salt, pepper, cinnamon etc as desired. Serve immediately with fiber syrup or jam.