This dish is perfect when you’re short on time. It’s quick and satisfying. For variety, feel free substitute green beans for the asparagus, and pistachio nuts for the cashews.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 ½ pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster-flavor sauce
- ¼ cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add asparagus and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, and cook for 4 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the scallions, ginger, and oyster sauce; cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cashews and serve immediately.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 0g carbohydrate, 3g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 4): 128 calories, 30g protein, 7g carb, 3g fiber, 4g net carb, 8g fat, 175mg sodium