Your kitchen called, it wants you to make this salad.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2):
- 1 8-ounce chicken breast
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups kale, leaves torn, stems chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- If using traditional oven, preheat oven to 350°F and line a sheet pan with tinfoil or a silicon baking sheet. If using air-fryer, skip to step 2.
- Coat chicken breast with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. If using traditional oven, place atop prepared sheet pan, and roast in oven until chicken has cooked through (about 25 minutes). If using air fryer, spray chicken breast with nonstick cooking spray and place in the basket. Set air fryer to 360°F and cook for 9 minutes. Once chicken has cooked through, remove from oven/ air fryer and set aside to cool.
- Wash and massage kale. Separate kale stems from the leaves, tearing/ chopping into bite side pieces in process. Put massaged kale leaves in a bowl and set aside.
- Coat a large pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add kale stems, squash, and onion and cook until onions are translucent, and squash and kale stems are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add apple, cabbage and cooked vegetables to bowl of massaged kale. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss so well combined.
- Divide salad between two plates or salad bowls. Slice chicken and top each salad with half (4 oz) chicken. Spoon dressing over salad or serve alongside.