If you have any food intolerance (except nuts, sorry!) this high-fiber recipe is for you. Pair with homemade low-sugar strawberry chia jam or top as desired. **This recipe is Kosher for Passover**
INGREDIENTS (serves 1):
- Egg whites of 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- Prepare batter for either pancakes or waffles. In a large bowl whisk eggs whites. Add the almond milk. Stir in coconut flour, almond flour and stevia. Mix until well combined.
- To make pancakes, coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour pancake batter into 3-inch circles to cook. Once bubbles start to form, flip pancakes. Cook for another minute. Repeat until all batter is used (should yield 8 (3-in) silver dollar pancakes). Serve warm.
- To make waffles, turn on waffle maker to heat. Once waffle maker is ready, coat both sides with non stick cooking spray. Pour half the batter in (so waffle maker is 1/2 – 3/4 full) and follow directions on waffle maker to cook waffle to desired doneness. Remove waffle from waffle maker and repeat until all batter is used (should yield 2-3 standard sized waffles). Serve warm.