Store-bought tortilla chips usually have little fiber, minimal protein, and a high net carb, making them a less than ideal way to quell your crunchy craving. Get your chips on with this 3g net carb zesty recipe though, and you’re looking at 18g fiber and 5g protein! Pair with F-Factor guacamole for a perfect #FFACTORAPPROVED snack.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, chili powder, cumin, salt, and juice from half of the lime. Whisk gently with a fork so oil mixture is well combined.
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board and brush top with oil mixture. Place a second tortilla on top of the first brush top with oil mixture. Repeat until you have a stack of tortillas. After 4th tortilla is brushed with oil mixture, flip stack upside down and brush the tortilla that is now on top with oil mixture.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 8 triangle-shaped wedges and arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and place in oven to bake for 15 minutes. Halfway through, turn baking sheet around so that chips are evenly baked.
- Remove from oven, squeeze 2nd half of lime juice atop and serve, warm with guacamole and crudités, or as desired.