Think Basil, not Basic: A More Perfect Pesto “Pasta” is here.
Upon discovering Palmini, a hearts of palm “linguini”, our minds went straight to pesto. We can lighten up the linguini component by using Palmini, so now comes the pesto part of the equation. While traditional pesto recipes call for tons of calorie-laden oil, we cut it down—while still maintaining the flavor. Keep in mind: the fresher the basil you use, the better this sauce will be–and paired with Palmini, this dish is just a green dream come true. To read more about Palmini, click here.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2):
- 1 (14-oz) can Palmini Hearts Of Palm Linguini
- 1/4 cup 20/2o Creamy Pesto Sauce
- To neutralize the flavor and smell of Palmini, drain can, rinse strands well and soak in water, or milk for 45 minutes.
- While Palmini neutralizes, prepare pesto sauce according to directions here if not already prepared.
- After Palmini has soaked, rinse with water (if soaked in milk) and pat dry.
- Coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and place over low heat. Add pesto sauce and Palmini, tossing to coat.
- Remove from heat, plate, and garnish with halved tomatoes.