Boo! Deviled eggs take a delightfully spooky turn this Halloween. With just a few simple tweaks these
deviled devilish eggs become both festive and waistline-friendly! #FFACTORAPPROVED
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 6 Eggs, hardboiled, cooled and peeled
- ½ cup plain 0% Fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp ground mustard (powder)
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp each of garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper
GARNISHES TO TOP:
- green olives with pimentos
- additional salt and freshly ground pepper
- red food coloring
- Halve peeled, hardboiled eggs vertically.
- Scoop out the yolks. Place yolks of 4 eggs in bowl, discard remaining two yolks.
- Mix remaining ingredients except garnishes. Add additional Greek yogurt to make the filling creamier or, for a thicker filling, use only ¼ cup yogurt.
- Mix filling until smooth. Scoop 1 Tbsp of egg yolk mixture into egg white halves.
- Smooth the surface of egg and place halved olive with the pimento sticking up to look like the eye pupil (alternately, a black olive slice and a caper may be used for an eye).
- Dip a toothpick in red food coloring (or beet juice) and drag along surface to create red lines, or simply sprinkle with paprika, to create bloodshot eyes.