Made with 20/20 FIBER/PROTEIN Powder this GLUTEN-FREE stuffing is a fiber-and-protein-packed alternative to your traditional stuffing recipes.
INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 lb cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and sauté until softened slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and herbs and continue to cook until the mushrooms are browned and the vegetables are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites and vegetable broth. Add the cubed 20/20 waffles and toss to coat all of the cubed pieces. Stir in the cooked onions and mushroom mixture, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Transfer to the baking dish and bake, covered loosely with foil, for 40 to 50 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking time to brown the top. Remove from the oven and serve.