A spooktastic and tasty Halloween treat – these cookies are so good, it’s scary!
INGREDIENTS (yield 16 cookies):
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup (4 scoops) Unflavored 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp matcha powder (or 2 drops green food coloring)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 2 Tbsp (1/2 scoop) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate juice (or 2 drops red food coloring)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, 20/20 powder, baking powder, sea salt, monkfruit sweetener and matcha. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Add coconut oil, vanilla extract and green food coloring (if not using matcha for coloring) and mix until well combined. Pour into medium bowl and fold until a dough forms (dough should be pliable but not crumbly or stiff; add almond milk, a teaspoon at a time, if too dry; add tsp almond flour if too wet).
- On parchment paper, roll dough into a log and divide into 16 smaller 4-inch logs (witch fingers), with diameter about the size of a dime.
- Using a small spoon indent the top part of each log to create a “nail bed” (this is where the icing and almond will be placed). Using a fork or toothpick make indents on each log to imitate knuckles on the fingers. Place in oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While cookies bake, prepare icing by mixing icing ingredients together to create a red paste. Remove cookies from oven. Allow to cook.
- Once cookies have cooled, spoon 1/4 tsp icing in each nail bed and place 1 almond on top. Serve and enjoy!