Serve with Spicy Yogurt Dip.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 2-3 medium zucchini
- 1 cup wheat bran
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 400˚F. Cut zucchini into 1-in thick steak fries, discarding the ends. Set aside.
- Make crispy coating (“breadcrumbs”). In a medium shallow bowl, add wheat bran, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder and salt and pepper, to taste. Sift so “breadcrumb” mixture is well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk unflavored 20/20, water, oregano, 1 tsp salt, the remaining tsp garlic powder and onion powder and egg whites.
- One by one, dip each zucchini wedge into the egg white mixture and then dip into the dry mixture, making sure all sides are well coated.
- Place coated zucchini wedges in a single layer inside the air fryer basket. Coat with nonstick cooking spray and air fry for 9-10 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from air fryer and repeat step 5 until all zucchini wedges have been cooked. Serve with no-fat spicy mayo sauce.